Sunday, May 2, 2010

Free time? What's free time?


When we signed up for the walk this year, Saving 2nd Base thought the second time around would be so much easier than the first time. Afterall, we'd already learned what to do (or not do) when it comes to fundraising. We figured that we could handle additional and larger fundraisers this year too - we were invincible! So, we are trying to tackle 5 fundraisers this year (6 if you count our t-shirt sales) - 3 are already down, with 2 of our biggest yet to take place - the spaghetti dinner and the garage sale.

I must say, I have a very patient and understanding husband. Most of my "free time" is consumed by all things 3-Day. I'm always on the computer promoting our fundraising events, writing letters to potential donors or sponsors, organizing fundraiser details, or out training. I have to laugh because just now Mike asked me, "So what are you doing?" and I replied, "3-Day stuff." I'm also very fortunate to have friends and family that know how passionate I am about this, so when I ask them to attend yet another fundraiser or help out in some way, they do so without batting an eye.

I've had a lot of people tell me lately, "Gosh, you seem really busy!" I always tell people that participating in the 3-Day is like holding a 2nd job. But, in my opinion, it's not really a "job." I love doing it, even when I am super stressed and worried things won't fall into place (for those of you that know me well, I'm a little OCD). I love knowing that I am doing something that makes a difference. That because of all of my hard work, I may be saving someone from having to hear those awful words, "you have breast cancer." And I think that last sentence is reason enough to give up whatever "free time" I might have.

No comments:

Post a Comment